DELHI, N.Y. — The Keuka College Women's Basketball team scored the most points in a game since the 2013-14 season in a 97-85 victory at SUNY Delhi on Sunday.
Reighly Melochick led the attack with a career-high 28 points for Keuka College (8-1, 3-1 NEAC). Melochick went 8-12 from three-point range, setting a new Keuka College record for threes in a game.
The Wolves had four players in double figures. Lauren Anten scored a season-high 23 points. Jariah Johnson set a new career-high with 16 points and Abby Hess led Keuka with eight rebounds and added 10 points in the game.
Keuka College 97 at SUNY Delhi 85
The Wolves came out fast on Sunday against SUNY Delhi. Reighly Melochick made four three-points and scored 14 points in the first quarter to pace Keuka College. Lauren Anten added eight points in the opening 10 minutes as Keuka College led 26-22 after the first quarter.
Melochick knocked down her fifth three of the game to open the quarter, but SUNY Delhi would come back to tie the game at 32-32 with seven minutes left in the quarter. Keuka College would slowly grow their lead to as many as seven points in the second. The Wolves would lead 48-43 at the half.
Keuka College created separation in the third quarter. The Wolves scored eight unanswered in the middle of the quarter to push the lead to 16 points at 67-51. Keuka led 78-63 going into the final quarter.
The Wolves put the game away in the third. Reighly Melochick hit two threes and Lauren Anten had a layup on their first three possessions as Keuka College pushed the lead to 21 points at 86-65. The Wolves continued onto the 97-85 victory.
- Keuka College has now won both meetings with SUNY Delhi
- The Wolves enter the winter break with an 8-1 record, the best pre-break record since the 2010-11 season
- Melochick's eight three-points broke the record of seven, set by Brittany Schrock (2/10/2010) and Jessica Bandrowski (2/26/2012)
- Arianna DeNault set a new career-high with nine assists in the game
- Keuka College went 41-81 from the field and made 12 three pointers as a team. That ranked as the 9th most made field goals, sixth most field goal attempts, and third most three pointers in a game in program history
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves close the fall semester with an 8-1 record. Keuka College will return to action after the winter break with a road game at St. John College on Saturday, January 6.