KEUKA PARK, N.Y. — After Morrisville State hit a buzzer-beater to force overtime, Cliff Stevens hit a jumper with two seconds left in overtime to defeat the Mustangs 78-77 on Wednesday evening.
Keuka College (6-6, 4-1 NEAC) was led by Ryder Mansfield with a career-high 26 points and 13 rebounds for a double-double. Also recording a double-double for the Green and Gold was Trevor Powell. The junior had 10 points and 13 rebounds. Cliff Stevens finished with 12 points in the win for Keuka College as did fellow senior Greg Tyler.
Keuka College 78 vs. Morrisville State 77 - OT
After a slow start to the game by both teams, Keuka College opened up a nine-point lead eight minutes into the contest. The Mustangs would narrow the lead down to five points in the half, but Keuka College scored three in the final minute to take a 38-30 lead at the half. The wolves shot 53.6% in the first half and assisted on 11 of their 15 field goals.
A three-pointer by Sam Brown knocked down a three and that was followed by a Trevor Powell steal and layup as Keuka took a 49-34 lead with 16 minutes left in regulation. The Mustangs would not go away. Morrisville cut into Keuka's lead for the duration of the half. A Tyler jumper gave the Wolves a 68-55 with 5:55 left to play. That would be the Wolves final field goal of the second half. In the final seconds, Morrisville State hit a three-pointer at the buzzer to tie the game at 72-72 and force overtime.
The Wolves took a 76-72 lead with a pair of layups by Ryder Mansfield, but Morrisville State scored five straight to take a 77-76 advantage. In the final seconds, Cliff Stevens hit a jumper a step inside the three-point line to give the Wolves a 78-77 lead with two seconds left. The Mustangs were unable to get a final shot off as Keuka College earned the North Eastern Athletic Conference victory.
- Keuka College snapped a four-game losing streak to the Mustangs. Morrisville State still has a 10-8 advantage in the all-time series
- Wednesday was the first time a game between Keuka College and Morrisville State went to overtime. Overall, Keuka College is now 19-21 in overtime games
- Greg Tyler passed Greg Roscoe '92 for eighth on the career list for free throws made. Tyler now has 206 in his career
- Ryder Mansfield recorded his third double-double of the season. It was the fourth of the career of Trevor Powell
- Both teams struggled for the free throw line. Keuka College's 39% bested the 38% by Morrisville State
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves will take to the road this weekend with a pair of games against teams from the South Division of the North Eastern Athletic Conference. The Green and gold will first face Penn St.-Abington on Saturday and then Lancaster Bible College on Sunday.